Welcome to the website of
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
Kasr Alainy School of Medicine
The Kasr Al-Ainy department of orthopedic and trauma surgery encompasses one of the largest established orthopaedic and trauma centers in Egypt. It offers a comprehensive portfolio of musculoskeletal services and considered to be a tertiary referral center serving its local community, Cairo and beyond.
The department provides an opportunity to gain a well-rounded education and surgical training in the fundamentals of the science and the art of orthopedic and trauma surgery. The department makes a significant contribution to the teaching of orthopedic and trauma surgery to clinical students as well as to postgraduate teaching in orthopaedics. It offers a well-structured program to address the areas of sub-specialty including, arthroplasty, oncology, trauma, hand/upper limb, spine, foot/ankle, limb reconstruction and pediatrics.
The department provides consultation and treatment for all general orthopaedic conditions who will benefit from our pioneer experts with established interests in the sub-specialist areas of upper limb surgery, complex shoulder surgery, hand surgery, spine surgery, hip surgery, hip replacement, revision hip replacement, knee replacement, revision knee replacement, complex knee ligament reconstruction, surgery for degenerative conditions of the knee, foot and ankle surgery and pediatric orthopaedics. Orthopaedic trauma is managed following urgent admission via accident and emergency or with assessment of patients in the out-patient fracture clinics.
The Department of Orthopaedics and trauma surgery will combine excellence in teaching, research, academic service, and clinical service to inspire and train new experts and to maintain a leadership position in contributing new knowledge in this field. In achieving this, the department will:
1. Participate in the educational mission of Cairo university by contributing orthopedic and trauma surgery expertise to undergraduate, graduate and medical students, postdoctoral and continuing medical education programs;
2. Provide an optimal environment and coordinate available resources for conducting research into prevention and treatment;
3. Provide academic service at local, national, and international levels by participating in University, professional, community, and governmental activities;
4. Provide expert treatment for all aspects of musculoskeletal injuries and diseases including inpatient and outpatient surgical care, and rehabilitation;
5. Provide opportunities and encouragement for faculty, staff, residents, and students to advance their careers in this field
6. Provide an environment supportive of teamwork, clear and open communication and collaboration with other individuals and organizations; and, seek out and effectively manage resources to maintain a financially sound Department, in support of the Department mission.